Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'fonts'.
Found 3 results
I have a weird issue that I cannot track down. In our environment we keep getting complaints from helpdesk and users that their fonts change after they are remote controlled. Sometimes this happens after the helpdesk disconnects and other when they initially connect to the user via sccm remote control. Most clients are on dual dell 24 inch or single 19in monitors. Mostly with Nvidia nvs300 video cards, but this has also happened with new lenovo desktops using dual built in display ports via onboard ports. What happens after or during a remote control session is that the user states that the fonts look "thin" or distorted. Something that is visibly noticeable when someone is connected. Our environment is a citrix xenapp 6 farm for all applications so the desktop is essentially a terminal. We have seen this issue across several types of hardware and are still looking for the reason. The issue does not happen on every machine just sporadically. I used process explorer and see the memory usage on the nvidia video memory is a little high however I have not completely used and that varies from machine to machine. There is not notification to the IT person who is remote controlling the machine since they see the fonts normally. I think this has something to do with the scale to fit option that is turned on by default on sccm remote control, however I am not sure if that has something to do with this. Just wondering if anyone has seen this issue before
Hi, here is a small guide so other people don' have to loose their time google-ing like I did today. I got a task to deploy some additional fonts during the deplyoment of notebooks in my company. I did it like this: __________________________________________________ @Echo Off robocopy %~dp0. "C:\Windows\Fonts" /xf "fontscopy.bat" /SEC regedit /s fonts.reg __________________________________________________ fonts.reg file is necessary to register new fonts in registry although I must admit I this example it works without this file It looks like this: _______________________________________________________________________ Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts] "3of9 (TrueType)"="3of9.ttf" .... ________________________________________________________________________ +5 more fonts, important to point out that the first part of the file before (TrueType) so that means 3of9 is the name YOU give to the font and its visible to apps in windows, the part after "3of9.ttf" is the file name itself. I will break down the robocopy command for explanation: robocopy %~dp0. "C:\Windows\Fonts" /xf "fonts.reg" "test.bat" /SEC %~dp0 = go to the drive letter and path of the running batch file aka you need it for copying files over network - VERY IMPORTANT, IT WON'T WORK WITHOUT THIS ONE. . = copy all files inside the folder (.bat must be inside of the folder you want to copy). /xl = exclude files from copying (must be inside "" for example "fontscopy.bat"). /SEC = robocopy will copy files even if they are in a protected folder like Windows\Fonts folder is. Since I am a noob on this windows-noob forum all suggestions are welcome. In this moment I do things the way I know and that is simple but it is working.