sothpaw

Deploying Adobe Reader 11.0.06

Question

Hello Everyone,

I'm currently using CM 2012 SP1. I know how to create packages, but was recently told that I should start using the Applications piece to create application packages instead. Here's what I'm trying to accomplish. Our production environment has about 700 plus computers and are currently running Adobe Reader 11.0.03. I'd like to update the version to Adobe Reader 11.0.06 version. Here's what I've done to do that:

I followed these direction from this link:

http://www.mytechstuffSPAM!/2013/06/deploy-adobe-acrobat-reader-xi-11003.html

Which talks about Adobe Reader Version 11.0.03 (I'm assuming it's the same steps for Adobe Reader Version 11.0.06)?

I've created a new application package, and it says it's installed successfully, but when I go into the Control Panel and Program and Features it's still showing version 11.0.03. Has anyone on Windows Noob created a how to guide on how to build an application package under the Application Management\Applications that will uninstall the past version of software and then install the new version of software?

Thanks,

sothpaw

1 answer to this question

We are using SCCM 2007, and when I tried to update the TS to use .06 version it always got stucked for some reason. I tried downloading it again suspecting that it was maybe a corrupted file, then when it did not want to work I just let it stay on .03 version. Could be that the 06.version is buggy in some way.