afrancis

UEFI Booting error

I have google searched, and searched this site as well and I am unable to figure out the problem I am having with booting to UEFI.

I am running SCCM 2012 SP1 CU3 on Windows Server 2008 R2. We are trying to image an HP Elitebook 840 with UEFI booting in a 64-bit environment. If we change the 840 to a legacy boot, I am able to image the computer.

When I am trying to boot with UEFI, the screen states it is "Starting PXE over IPv4." there is an error message that comes up and states "An error occurred with the boot selection. Verify media is present and retry." At first thought, I am guessing there is an issue with the drivers.

Would anyone have some insight into what is causing this error, or any ideas of what to check? I am kind of scratching my head over this thing for over a week.

basically it's trying to boot over the network using UEFI network boot and it expects that your PXE enabled distribution point is working with UEFI network boot, so tell us about your PXE enabled dp, what os is running on it ?

Yes it helps clarify some things. However, my file structure is similar to that of the Server 2012 where the SMSBoot folders contain the *.efi files already. I feel like we are almost there in terms of getting this working, but whenever I boot up a computer using the UEFI architecture, there is a "verify media is present" error.

It does state that the BootImage needs to be updated. And it is the bootimage that is used for PXE booting. I can try that even though it was updated on 3/6/2014. We added CU3 a few months back.

Edit: Updating the boot image did not correct UEFI booting.

I can switch back and forth between UEFI and legacy bios no problem with my standard 64 bit boot image which is running CM 2012 SP1 CU2 (or 3 not sure off hand). I don't think you're having a UEFI issue you're having a PXE issue. Do you have a 64 bit boot disk? UEFI only works with 64 bit.

Post 50 some lines of the logs of the smspxe.log file when you're trying to boot. But basically you shouldn't have any trouble pxe booting, the problem comes when you start laying down drivers and GPT disks etc...