Hello All,

We are currently using SCCM 2012 SP1 for OS Deployment and i have been working on a HP elitebook 820 G1 and probook 650 G1. Both build successfully but do not install any device drivers.

I have downloaded the driver package from HPs website, extracted all the drivers (inf,sys,cat) and put them into 'one' folder, i then created a driver package and imported the drivers into the package and category.

In the task sequence i have created a 'apply driver package task' with the wmi query for this model, i have also tried disabling the 'auto detect drivers' so that it doesn't look into the DB.

So far i haven't had any luck and have been working on this for over a week.

I have looked at the smsts log on the workstation after the build and there are no errors relating to drivers.

Any help will be appreciated

I am using SELECT * FROM Win32_ComputerSystem WHERE Model LIKE "%HP EliteBook 820%" and I have also enabled the auto detect drivers so that drivers can be picked up from the database.

We now have tried this will 3 different models with exactly the same results. As a test I built an older laptop and the device drivers were installed with no issues.

Hi, i use a slightly different query for one HP notebook model and query against the win32_computersystemproduct. with this i have to make sure the product name including ALL the preceeding or trailing spaces are there for it to work.

e.g: SELECT * FROM Win32_ComputerSystemProduct where Name like '%HP G62 Notebook PC %'

debugging this issue would be much easier if you use a pause step before and after the apply driver package step, see how here.

this will enable you to see if the query is correct and whether the step has issues (for example, hash errors on the driver package)

Thank you for your input gents.

I used apexes query and that did the trick thanks.

I have imported all the remaining drivers into the driver package and now during the 'applying settings' phase an error appears;

"Windows could not configure one or more system components".

I know this is due to a bad driver as it worked when i tried with a single network driver. The problem is the f8 doesn't work at this stage so how can I tell which driver is causing this issue?