stevenm

unable to PXE boot from DP - abortpxe.com

Question

Hi,

I have an issue with one DP where they can't PXE boot - see attached error (TFTP Download: smsboot\x64\abortpxe.com)

They have tried old and new laptops, and desktops with 2 different task sequences but the same error message appears.

I checked the SMSPXE log (see attached) and was trying to delete an unknown computer with Resource ID 2046820353, but I am unable to delete it - see attached image.

Can someone please advise the steps I need to take to get PXE boot working again (it was working just over a week ago).

Also, I have 2 other DP's and PXE boot is working fine at these ones.

Thanks.

SMSPXE.log

post-24426-0-05886600-1398838211_thumb.jpg

post-24426-0-23464200-1398838216_thumb.jpg

post-24426-0-35381100-1398838229_thumb.jpg

4 answers to this question

I right-clicked on the collection, All Unknown Computers, selected "Clear Required PXE Deployments", waited a few minutes, but the same error is occurring. I also tried the same thing again, and then rebooted the SCCM server, but still no luck.

Any ideas ???

You don't delete these default unknown computer objects.

Have you searched the all systems collection for unknown objects(normally shows up with failed deployments) or if you are not naming them during OSD and they are successful they will be named something like MININTXXXXX. If you find any and it is safe to delete them...do so... then you can PXE boot them again as unknown systems.

Generally PXE Boot aborted booting to next device means you have to clear the PXE flag as SCCMentor mentioned but what I think you are doing is all unkown deployments at the moment and you haven't actually deployed a TS out to a known (already OSD'd) collection via PXE by looking at your workspace in your snippets as there are no custom collections designed yet....... so until then you will not get the PXE flag set.

• Like 1