SarahB

User Security Rights for Software Distribution

Question

I have created a group to add some users to so that they may create packages for software distribution within SCCM. Currently the group has full access to the Packages section of the console, but they are unable to see any distribution points when either adding a new distribution point or managing distribution points. The group also has Advertise, Create, Read, Use Remote Tools and Modify to collections/all instances.

I know that this is due to access that they need to another part of the console but can't work out where. Does anyone have any good sites that run through the Security Rights for common tasks or know what access to which parts I would need to grant??

8 answers to this question

Try granting the following permissions

class called Package, and check the following Read, Modify, Delete and Distribute

does that help ?

I haven't given that group any rights to the site management as they don't need it - I assume. I need them only to have the access they need to be able to package, distribute and advertise to specific collections. The collection bit I have managed to limit ie. they can only see certain collections and deploy to them. And they can do everything else within the Packages class, except add, update or even see the distribution points - in the wizard. I am guessing I need to give them access to another class but don't want to give them more than they need.