Config_Mgr_noob

OSDDiskPart.exe error (Access is Denied) - MDT/SCCM 2012

Hi,

I keep receiving the below error message when attempting to OSD a new PC. I just recently integrated MDT and SCCM 2012 and created a new MDT Task Sequence. I'm not 100% sure where I need to modify a file or folder to allow the NAA to format and partition the drive or if I even need the OSDDiskPart task sequence step. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

post-22069-0-94814800-1398884028_thumb.jpg

it's failing to format the disc because d:\statestore exists, so, are you attempting a refresh (reinstallation with user data migration) or a new computer scenario here ? can you show us what your task sequence looks like (screenshot of this step)

Hi anyweb, thank you for your reply. I had a feeling that's what its trying to do but I don't know where to change the task to install it on local C: or different drive. I'm trying to create a TS for new computers; nothing to backup. I've tried disabling steps, and mimicking my other TS that works from SCCM 2012 prior to MDT integration. Here are some screenshots of my task sequence.

post-22069-0-11423300-1398973831_thumb.jpg

post-22069-0-58772900-1398973839_thumb.jpg

post-22069-0-78319800-1398973847_thumb.jpg

ok odd, can you please attach your SMSTS.log file here from this failed deployment, that should reveal the reason behind the failure

it see's a folder called StateStore on D:\, and denys the format because of the presence of that folder, so, does that folder exist and why ? were you doing some 'refresh/reinstallation' tests prior to this, can you manually delete that folder in windows and try again >?

No I didn't create that folder at all. Once I integrated MDT with SCCM, I created a MDT TS with all the defined basics such as unattended answer file, x64 boot images, driver packages, and our corporate x64 WIN7 image. Then, I PXE booted a new laptop and got this error messages. When I look in CMTraceLog and browse to My Computer I see that it assigned D:, or try to assign, as the primary OS and C: as a reserved drive. Do you think this is my issue within the Format and Partition 6.1 step?