ZeroHour

WSUS shows no pc has updated since linking to sccm

Question

Hi

I am eval'ing sccm right now and I was going to have a play with how it manages updates by linking it to our wsus server. The link went fine and updates are shown in the sccm console but now clients that update from the wsus server (using GP point to wsus directly) dont seem to update the database wsus uses so it states that X computer has not updated in X days even though I have manually forced the client to scan wsus.

It appears approved updates are still sent from wsus but client updates are not. Is there anyway to allow clients to continue to update from wsus as normal?

Right now since its just a eval I dont want to roll the sccm client out on mass.

Cheers

2 answers to this question

OMG I am a muppet, I found the problem. I did not realise what the setting in:

Site Settings->Component configuration->Software Update Point Components->Sync settings->WSUS reporting events

I had that set to "Do not create WSUS reporting events" which appears to disable status updates being posted to the wsus box from clients. I have changed it to "Create all WSUS reporting events" and things seem to be working now so far.

Cheers for the help though