Scoobs

VM booting using windows(PEx86) added VMNET3x nic driver created iso

OK. I am very frustrated hope someone can quickly point me in the right direction.

First I am new using SCCM 2012 OSD, have been using the MDT for image deployment the last few years. Our company has decided to go a different direction and looking to consolidate and leaning to SCCM for image deployment. I started out with creating a new windows 7 ent. x86 and x64 default image. I used the MDT capture sequence from VM with a pause to customize my image and the answer file to copy profile. Had some growing pains here but after creating a new answer file in SCCM and just using the copy profile option since my image is already customized with all my changes. I just need the answer file to copy the admin profile to default profile.

My problem is I can't get my VM to boot to the task sequence wizard. My VM will boot to a command prompt but that's as far as it goes. I do have network connectivity. I can get a valid IP address. Is there a way to map a netowrk drive and run and launch the TS wizard maunally like you could in the MDT?

I am using the SCCM 2012 windows PE(x86) boot image loaded with VMNET3x nic drivers. Created an iso using makewinpemedia /iso and set my VM to boot to DVD.

What am i doing wrong that i can't boot directly to the TS wizard and select a task sequence? If i could get to this point I could test my image.

thanks for your help.

when you pxe boot do you see the prompt to press F12 ? or are you seeing something else ? have you tried pressing F8 once the boot.wim loads or does it not get that far ?

have you tried creating an ISO from within the configuration manager console and booting from that ? it's described here..except instead of choosing capture media, select boot media (if you have no access to PXE)