ksl28

Unable to connect to the VMM management server localhost - Error 1602

Question

Hello.

2 Days ago, we had a crash in our Hyper-V enviroment.

After getting back online, we are not able to use our SCVMM 2012 R2 console.

29nibmg.png

I have checked the following, to resolve the issue:

Checked that the System Center Virtual Machine Manager Agent Service is running - and can be restarted (no errors)

Restarted the SCVMM and SQL Server

Checked that the SQL Server hosting the SCVMM is accesable, and that i can view the data inside it (not corrupted)

Ive checked this link, but it dosent solve the issue:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/4900.system-center-2012-virtual-machine-manager-vmm-error-codes-1500-1999.aspx

Im starting to run out of ideas now, and hoped that you Guys had some :)

3 answers to this question

Hi KSL28,

Can you check the VMM services themselves? Namely:

• System Center Virtual Machine Manager
  • System Center Virtual Machine Manager Agent

I know that with some of the other System Center products, the Services don't always start quick enough, and cause connection errors with the console.

Also, check the Service Account that the System Center Virtual Machine Manager is running under, as that needs to have Local Administrator rights on the server that is running VMM.

Again, I've seen scenarios when a GPO is used to control who has Local Admin rights, and this will wipe out any manually added accounts not contained within the GPO. This will also prevent the service from being able to start.

Hi KSL28,

Can you check the VMM services themselves? Namely:

• System Center Virtual Machine Manager
  • System Center Virtual Machine Manager Agent

I know that with some of the other System Center products, the Services don't always start quick enough, and cause connection errors with the console.

Also, check the Service Account that the System Center Virtual Machine Manager is running under, as that needs to have Local Administrator rights on the server that is running VMM.

Again, I've seen scenarios when a GPO is used to control who has Local Admin rights, and this will wipe out any manually added accounts not contained within the GPO. This will also prevent the service from being able to start.

Hello.

Thanks for your reply :)

The server that is running SCVMM, only have one service? The System Center Virtual Machine Manager Agent.

And its running under Local System :)

Do you have other ideas?

The server that has SCVMM installed should have 2 Services (the 2 I listed). Especially the "System Center Virtual Machine Manager" service. If it is missing this, then there is something wrong with the installation (maybe only partly-installed?).

You mentioned an issue with using the SCVMM console. Are you trying to use it locally on the SCVMM server, or from and Administrator's desktop?