simulacra75

Help! Issue with editing Task Sequence in CM12 SP1 CU5

Hi there

I'm having a strange problem. In the last few days i've been playing around with a Windows 8.1 image. I wanted to apply the latest updates to this image but since i'm not running CM12 R2 i wasn't able to do this. I figured i'd do it manually using DISM and WIndows ADK 8.1. I already had ADK 8.0 installed on my CAS so i upgraded it and was able to perform the dism functions but discovered afterwards that ADK 8.1 doesn't "play" too well with CM12 SP1, so uninstalled it and re-installed ADK 8.0.

Everything appeared to go okay and there were no errors but i've come across a strange problem today. If i edit a Task Sequence and change something, the "Apply" button remains "greyed" out, i.e., i cannot seem to modify and save any changes to my Task Sequences. There is no error thrown up and smsprov.log and TaskSequenceProvider.log don't have any errors in them either.

Anyone have any ideas? A very frustrating issue.

Many Thanks

are you attempting to edit task sequences on the server itself (with the server console) or via a remote console ?

has anyone changed any of your permissions ?

can you create a new custom task sequence, does that work ?

are you attempting to edit task sequences on the server itself (with the server console) or via a remote console ?

has anyone changed any of your permissions ?

can you create a new custom task sequence, does that work ?

I'm attempting to edit the TS on the server itself (like i've always done). The permissions have not changed at all. I did actually create a new Task Sequence and then copied and pasted my "broken" TS into it. This did work, for about 2 minutes but it's now behaving like the other Task Sequences, "Apply" button is greyed out.

Well, i've kinda fixed this myself but it is a strange one. If i edit the Task Sequence and modify a step that is not a "Use Toolkit Package", the Apply button appears. I then go and modify all of my "Use Toolkit Package" steps (these are the steps i wanted to modify originally) and at the very end click on Apply, the changes are actually saved. Weird quirk.

could be that MDT Integration is corrupt, try uninstalling it, reinstalling it, re-integrating it with Configmgr ?

Tried all of that, still didn't work properly. I believe you are correct though, some kind of corruption going on. I must say i find it painful imaging with CM12, so many different components to be installed and working correctly before it "plays nice" and then is a change is made to any of the components it seems to break the whole thing. Very frustrating in my experience.