kkonovalov

Trying to add OU selection to the CM2012 Bitlocker FrontEnd HTA

Question

Has anyone had luck adding OU selection to the CM2012 Bitlocker FrontEnd HTA? I have been trying for some time now without luck.

I have a drop down with multiple selections which link to this code below to pass the variable over. I also add options in my apply network settings which is show in the attached image.

I have this:

If ADOU.value = "1" Then
oTSEnvironment("swn_ADOU") = "Administrative"
'msgbox("LDAP://OU=Administrative,OU=Workstations,DC=online,DC=com: " & oTSEnvironment("swn_ADOU"))'
ElseIf ADOU.value = "2" Then
oTSEnvironment("swn_ADOU") = "Developement"
'msgbox("LDAP://OU=Development,OU=Workstations,DC=online,DC=com: " & oTSEnvironment("swn_ADOU"))'
ElseIf ADOU.value = "3" Then
oTSEnvironment("swn_ADOU") = "External"
'msgbox("LDAP://OU=External,OU=Workstations,DC=online,DC=com: " & oTSEnvironment("swn_ADOU"))'
ElseIf ADOU.value = "4" Then
oTSEnvironment("swn_ADOU") = "IT"
'msgbox("LDAP://OU=IT,OU=Workstations,DC=online,DC=com: " & oTSEnvironment("swn_ADOU"))'
ElseIf ADOU.value = "5" Then
oTSEnvironment("swn_ADOU") = "Restricted"
'msgbox("LDAP://OU=Restricted,OU=Workstations,DC=online,DC=com: " & oTSEnvironment("swn_ADOU"))'
oTSEnvironment("swn_ADOU") = "Sales"
'msgbox("LDAP://OU=Sales,OU=Workstations,DC=online,DC=com: " & oTSEnvironment("swn_ADOU"))'
oTSEnvironment("swn_ADOU") = "Service Computers"
'msgbox("LDAP://OU=Service_Computers,OU=Workstations,DC=online,DC=com: " & oTSEnvironment("swn_ADOU"))'
End If

post-27906-0-73265900-1420733030_thumb.png

5 answers to this question

did you edit the hta/javascript backend too ? what happens when you select an ou, did you confirm that it's set before the task sequence starts

simply monitor the smsts.log and review the success or failure of the step setting the variable, also check the dumpvars step, it allows you to view variables that are set in winpe.

to do all this, use the pause functionality built into the task sequence