jeaostro

Application Virtualization Windows 7

Question

i am.... but i need to try all methods... the sccm intergration worked first go...

i packaged chrome and filezilla client and BAM! perfect...

actually i was amazed at how simple it was, almost not like a microsoft technology at all.... the other app im trying to get working is an internal app that is a win 98/NT4 Terminal App for our AS400 farm... more of an issue..

SCCM Intergration worked perfectly though,

Hello,

This is one of the major things work has me wanting to figure out as well. I have tested and found that there are programs that normally do not run in Windows 7 that are able to run when done through App-V. Seems like App-V is creating a nice bubble of any registry settings and file/folders needed when the software is installed on the App-V machine(XP). I create the virtual apps and then push them out via SCCM (awesome guide on how to do that at this website). I am doing more testing, as there are some programs that are 'legacy' and necessary that do not work with Win7.

Anyone know of a good detailed manual to configuring App-V client software? Would like to better acquaint myself with how to create shortcuts and configure specifics.

Cheers.

I have been able to virtualize a few programs while running the installer on a Windows 7 machine. Running the installer in Compatability mode for Win XP. So far so good.

What program are you trying to Virtualize that is not meant for Win 7?