h4x0r

.NET 4.5 fails to install during OSD TS...will install normally as application

AppEnforce.log shows "exit code 16389" when attempting to install the .NET 4.5 application I have as part of an OSD; however, if I deploy the application directly to a collection with the device, then it will install without any issue.

The app also has the "allow this application to be installed from the Install Application..." option checked.

Appenforce is also showing that it is correctly installing under the system context, so I don't believe it is a user context issue.

Has anyone else run into a scenario like this? What are some additional clues I should be looking for?

I only managed to get this working by downloading the complete .exe, then extracting it into a directory and then running the below command line to actually install it. Nothing else worked

setup.exe /norestart /q /x86 /x64 /redist /log c:\windows\logs\dotnet45.log

I only managed to get this working by downloading the complete .exe, then extracting it into a directory and then running the below command line to actually install it. Nothing else worked

setup.exe /norestart /q /x86 /x64 /redist /log c:\windows\logs\dotnet45.log

I should add that i put this into my Build & Capture so that my "gold" image would get patched with all those .NET patches before deploying the OS. The .NET patches take forever to install so it makes it a lot easier to have it all done in the B&C.

One thing I noticed was that my .NET installer was ~100MB...but after extracting it, it was right at 1GB. I wonder if there isn't some sort of caching issue going on, since the installer would need to decompress anyways (though I would have thought it would have done this in a temp folder or something)...in either case, I copied my existing .NET application, pointed the content location to where I had extracted the installer, and updated the program commands...and bingo, .NET is now installing as an Application from within the TS.

AppEnforce.log shows "exit code 16389" when attempting to install the .NET 4.5 application I have as part of an OSD; however, if I deploy the application directly to a collection with the device, then it will install without any issue.

The app also has the "allow this application to be installed from the Install Application..." option checked.

Appenforce is also showing that it is correctly installing under the system context, so I don't believe it is a user context issue.

Has anyone else run into a scenario like this? What are some additional clues I should be looking for?

Did you install or slipstream a language pack during OSD before .NET framework? If so, change the order into .NET first, language pack second!

Cheers! Rens