neumc

Win10 OSD - Client install fails

Question

Hello,

I am trying to deploy Windows 10. I am running 2012 R2 SP1 CU1.

My deployment is failing when it gets to the installing client part and I am receiving this error.

C:\WINDOWS\ccmsetup\WindowsUpdateAgent30-x64.exe' returned failure exit code 775. Fail the installation

InstallFromManifest failed 0x80070307

I have read a few things about Win10 not being supported but they are all dated prior to the Windows 10 release and SCCM updates being released.

Has anyone managed to install the client without any work arounds?
Thanks

6 answers to this question

that's an update for the client, i.e. a patch and should only be used as a patch using Installation Properties in the Setup Windows and ConfigMgr something like below two steps

xcopy the patch step

xcopy ".\*.*" "c:\Windows\ccmsetup\KB3074857\client\x64" /D /E /C /I /Q /H /R /Y /S

setup windows and configmgr step

SMSCACHESIZE=20000 CCMLOGMAXHISTORY=5 CCMLOGMAXSIZE=5000000 PATCH="C:\Windows\ccmsetup\KB3074857\client\x64\configmgr2012ac-sp2r2sp1-kb3074857-x64.msp"

instead of using the update, point to your Configuration Manager Client Package, choose the one that is most recent.

Thanks for your help with this anyweb.

I have left the site for today but can test OSD again tomorrow.
One quick question, what is the latest package version. I had a quick look and can see lots of CU updates.

If i look at packages, I can see version 4 installation or version 5 upgrade.

Does this sound right?