Kawasaki

Deploying DCs using MDT 2010

Question

Hello all! Here is my environment: MDT 2010, WAIK, WDS on Windows 2008 R2. And my task is to deploy preconfigured domain controllers (with DNS, DHCP) and standalone servers with preinstalled applications (SQL Server, SCOM, SCCM, SCVMM etc.) as fast as it possible on big number of servers. Can we do this with MDT only? Or we have to install SCCM for this purposes?

Sorry, i'm newbie, i've installed MDT only two days ago ;)

6 answers to this question

i'm still trying OSD via MDT :)

it's ok with initial preparation of image. problem appear after promoting the server to domain controller. after reboot task sequence is trying to logon with old local credentials. but we have domain controller with domain authorization. is it possible to use domain credentials after promoting DC?

you could script it, as i said before :)

ok. i researched forums for some kind of instructions but with no result :( many people asked the same question but no answer. i need to deploy SC DPM which requires to be logged in as domain user with administrative rights. could you be so kind to point me in the right way what script should i use to configure domain login?