elnk1star

query that returns only IE 11 installations?

hey all,

i'm trying to create a collection that is based on all workstations with internet explorer 11 installed.

i've tried building a query using various parameters for "Software Updates" (ie, ID, Product, Title etc) but no results for the collection so far.

is there a way to build a query that will return only workstations with IE 11? i've also tried queries that check the file name and version (ie, iexplore.exe and 11) but no results returned- although i found out that the file version is not getting inventoried?

any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks!

This should be extremely simple but microsoft being microsoft have made it awfully difficult.

If you dont have the product version being inventoried there is another way :)

Create a configuration item that checks for c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe that is version 11.0 or greater. This path works for both x86 and x64 machines. Deploy this config item out as a config baseline and soon enough you will knkw who has ie11

I make sure my Software Inventory in my client settings is collecting from my program files and use the following query

select distinct SMS_R_System.ResourceId, SMS_R_System.ResourceType, SMS_R_System.Name, SMS_R_System.SMSUniqueIdentifier, SMS_R_System.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup, SMS_R_System.Client from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_SoftwareFile on SMS_G_System_SoftwareFile.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_SoftwareFile.FileName = "iexplore.exe" and SMS_G_System_SoftwareFile.FilePath like "%prog%internet%" and SMS_G_System_SoftwareFile.FileVersion like "11.%"