Malik4u

CISCO Switch COnfigurations

Question

2 answers to this question

Hi

For using WDS we need a switch, i have got a CISCO switch, can someone let me know what should be the configurations on the switch to work WDS properly ?

Begards

Malik

nothing in particular unless you want to do a vlan for deployment. If it is for OSD LAB i would build flat switch until you get it all working properly.

:-)

Hi

Well thxs for answer but i am not satisfied with this. I have HP Pro server win Server 2008 and got a cleint machime (reference machine or target machine

When i try to boot my client pc it accepts the PXE boot and stats attempting to get an IP...... boot image menu apears, i selectes a particular image ..... it atempts to start

but after few moments it returns me a popup message:

WDS Client: An Error occured while obtaining an IP address from DHCP Server. Please check to ensure that there is an operational DHCP server on this network segment"

..... I used HP Pro Curve Switch..... when i got the above message i come to know its due to switch so i changed it to CISCO .......but still results are not as required :(

can some one help me ?

If it not works i will not able to do Multicast Deployement and also of course i will not be able to save iamges or install images form a Network location