P3nnyw1se

customsettings.ini problem

Question

Hi.
I did some custom Work in a customsettings.ini .. and renamed it customsettings-usmt.ini
(I suppose you can guess the purpose.)
My OSD kept failing though, almost straight away, SMST log was complaining about a lot of variables, weird so I went to ZTIGather, and noticed it was still using customsettings.ini.
which is weird, because I have 3 gather steps (this is a default MDT task sequence in SCCM), and they all are told to use
CustomSettings-usmt.ini.

post-21307-0-61208100-1481288832_thumb.png

Then I completely deleted the CustomSettings ini, and updated the settings package to DP.
Now it just says it is unable to find the INI file.
Why won't it use the customSettings-usmt.ini as I ask it to?
is it one of the toolkit scripts or something?

thank you in advance.

3 answers to this question

as i said on the facebook post, add a pause https://www.windows-noob.com/forums/topic/8846-how-can-i-pause-a-task-sequence-in-system-center-2012-configuration-manager/before and after the step to see exactly what is going wrong, chances are its looking somewhere else for the file