Stino

Xp capture problems

Question

Hey,

I'm trying to create a capture-image of a sysprepped XP computer. The catch is that it is a virtual machine...

Installed drivers, updates and everything else... works fine.

Then I sysprepped it with following options: Pnp, regenerate SID and resealed.

Created a boot.wim and injected the vmware nic-drivers and after that i created the capture-image from this modified boot.wim.

I can boot up to the WDS-capturewizard and ten I need to select a volume to capture.

Problem is that i can not select a single drive!

Updated the sysprep to latest version with no succes, looked for some logfiles in windows/panther to delete but they weren't there.

I use a W2K8 dedicated WDS server. My domaincontroller and DHCP are on another W2K3-server.

Used the Windows Vista business DVD to upload the boot.wim file that i modified with the vmware nic-drivers

Does anybody have an idea?

Using sysprep for more than 4 years now and i do not haveany difficulties what so ever with this...

What do i do wrong?

Thanx in advance

Stin

1 answer to this question