SCCM Novice

W2K3 Client Not Installing

I seem to be having some trouble getting the client to install on my test workstation, which in turn gives me problems when trying to install Firefox. I can provide any logs that can be of any help if someone let's me know which one to attach. The machine shows assigned within SCCM with a site code as well, the problem is probably some how connected to the fact I am unable to RDP to the workstation.

I seem to be having some trouble getting the client to install on my test workstation, which in turn gives me problems when trying to install Firefox. I can provide any logs that can be of any help if someone let's me know which one to attach. The machine shows assigned within SCCM with a site code as well, the problem is probably some how connected to the fact I am unable to RDP to the workstation.

Try Client Push and make sure the account that you use for Client Push has the Admin rights on the Client machine. Then monitor the ccm.log on the server. It will show you the progress of the CCR. If you are facing issue with Client Push, most probably you will see errors in this log only. Once everything is done from the server end, then you need to check the CCMSETUP.LOG on the client end. Check this log and you will come to know if there are any issues while installing the client.

If you face issues with this, I would suggest you to attach the CCM.LOG (from the server) and the CCMSETUP.LOG (from the client) and also mention the NETBIOS name of your client machine so that if I'll get some time, I'll analyze those log files for you.

-

Curses to you Microsoft. SHAKING FIST, latest log says I don't have admin rights after enabling File & Printer sharing on workstation. I don't know why domain admin account is getting access denied, I thought file and printer sharing was the reason it couldn't connect to the share. I wish I knew what little thing I was overlooking since I can only deploy to 1 out 150+ workstations, I even got desparate enough to set the client to install under the admin account once logged in. I logged in and the client still didn't log in when I did that.

ccm.log