mark.washington

Computers take 24 hours to appear in SCCM

Hoping someone can shed some light on an ongoing issue...  When I image a computer, via PXE, it takes about 24 hours before I can see it in SCCM.  Our administrator can see the computer withing minutes.  At one point I was also able to see the computer within minutes, but now it reverted back to the 24 hour delay.

Can anyone assist?

Thank you,

If your CM12 admin can see the PC within minutes, it mean that delta updates for the collection that you are limited to seeing computer for has not been enabled.  Ask them to enable delta updates to the collection.

15 minutes ago, mark.washington said:

If I may go on further, Even through the administrator can see the computers immediately, the packages sent to computers does not install until the time I can see them also in SCCM.

You're talking about "seeing" computers. You're talking about when they become members of a collection you're looking at? If so, the administrator may be looking at a collection that updates more quickly than the one you're looking at (or the administrator is not making it clear that he's initiating an update of the membership on his collection). Look at the properties of the collection you're looking at under the Membership Rules tab. Are the boxes checked for incremental updates and/or full updates? Is there a schedule?