liban

SCCM Client Update Stuck

Question

:lol:

Hi Gurus,

I am trying to do a software update (for products Win XP & Office) using sccm 2007.Although it is a success on very few clients majority ( 90% ) of the clients are in a Downloading state .Meaning if I go to the C:\WINDOWS\system32\ccm\Cache I could see that the update folders are created but unfortunately the folders are empty.

If I run the states 4 Report the most of the Computers are in the "Downloading status" for ever.I had put a deadline & it has been days after it passed.I have also created boundaries based on "Active Directory Based".

The ContentTransferManager.log, CCMExec.log & DatatransferService.log all shows error "0X80070005" which I believe is access denied.But I can't understatd why the updates are happening for other few succesfully.I am stuck for weeks on this & need your urgent advice.

ContentTransferManager.log

---------------------------------

CTM encountered error processing reply from DTS. Code 0x80070005 ---> Lots of them

DatatransferService.log

-----------------------------

DTSJob {566356A2-F663-4A54-A8C0-24BDE7524B4A} encountered error while processing completed download (0x80070005) ---> Lots of them

CCMExec.log

---------------

System task 'SMSSHA_Startup' returned error code 0x80040154 ---> Only one time

EndpointMessage(Queue='CTMDTSReply', ID={FA46EF09-28E7-49F3-8BE0-08FCC3C60548}): Will be discarded (0x80070005) ---> Lots of them

Note : No Errors on WindowsUpdates.log

5 answers to this question

ok what is failing, the xp updates or the office updates ? i hope you dont have both in the same deployment package, makes it harder to troubleshoot...and manage

ok what is failing, the xp updates or the office updates ? i hope you dont have both in the same deployment package, makes it harder to troubleshoot...and manage

Okk Guys,

Issue Fixed. 0x80070005 means access denied & my Mcafee 8.5 had policies which will block any download to the Windows folder.Was difficult to find since the logs in event viewer was not shown as error but only as an information.Chaged the Antivirus policy & life is good again.

Thank you for your help man.Appreciate it.

Mcafee 8.5 had policies which will block any download to the Windows folder.

wow, that's a first for me, how did you determine it was Mcafee and did you see a mcafee error/log or what ?

do you have a screenshot of same ?

good work !

cheers

niall