RGB09

Windows 7 and License problems

Question

I am having problems with Windows 7 and trying to deploy it through WDS, it errors with a message that the License is not valid. It is a valid windows MAK (Multiple Activation Key) license. Is there anything I can do to resolve this?

9 answers to this question

if you leave the license key out and deploy it what happens ?

It asks you to manually put a valid key in, and when I do it just Say's that it is not a valid one? Any ideas as this is holding us up now? Any help would be great :)

well if it's not accepting the key then the key is not matching the media,

ie: the windows 7 ISO you are using is NOT the MAK version, contact microsoft to obtain the correct version or correct key.

cheers

niall

well if it's not accepting the key then the key is not matching the media,

ie: the windows 7 ISO you are using is NOT the MAK version, contact microsoft to obtain the correct version or correct key.

cheers

niall

Thanks for getting back so quick, The strange thing is we copied it from a disc which works fine when use the MAK key....

Okay just to update.... we tried another license and that seems to work.... however it's asking to be activated? do you know how i can bypass this bit?

Okay just to update.... we tried another license and that seems to work.... however it's asking to be activated? do you know how i can bypass this bit?

If you look into the system properties,is it showing x days remaining until activation ? if so ,try this in command prompt "c:\windows\system32\cscript slmgr.vbs –ato" which connect to the server to activate automatically.To run this command,you should have admin rights on the computer.

If you look into the system properties,is it showing x days remaining until activation ? if so ,try this in command prompt "c:\windows\system32\cscript slmgr.vbs –ato" which connect to the server to activate automatically.To run this command,you should have admin rights on the computer.

Can I include this in the unattended file? if so where do I put? Cheers

Can I include this in the unattended file? if so where do I put? Cheers

You can simply create a custom command line in ur TS name it as :Activate machines with the command line :cscript.exe c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs -ato with a start in command line C:\windows\system32