Hedbye

MBAM BitLocker - Mainstream support ends July 2019

Question

Hello folks!

I have a curios question about MBAM BitLocker. As some of you may know, Microsoft announced recently this year that they will not going further for feature updates of MBAM and so on.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/information-protection/bitlocker/bitlocker-management-for-enterprises#managing-domain-joined-computers-and-moving-to-cloud

In the docs, they are recommending to plan and move to cloud-based management for BitLocker instead. To store recovery keys in Azure Active Directory.
At our customer we implemented MBAM BitLocker integrated with SCCM infrastructure. But while reading the docs we are thinking that we could maybe take the advantage and enable Co-Management, and really start using Azure and Intune.

But I'm more curious what you guys are thinking about this. What are your future plans around this? Will you still stick with existing MBAM infra for a few years or doing something else?
Hope we maybe could help each other if there are any more out there, that are on the same crossroad as we are. If there is an existing topic about this already, please redirect me there. 😀

Have a nice evening everyone, cheers!

1 answer to this question