Kevin79

Computer is unknown after deployment

Question

I've got a weird issue. I use an OSD task sequence in Config Manger to install Windows 10 on new computers. Up until recently, it was working perfectly. Now when I deploy a new computers, if I look under Assets and Clients > Devices, I can find the computer but it shows Client as No. If I search for the GUID that the Configuration Manager client uses, it shows the name as "unknown". How do I get these to sync up?

19 hours ago, anyweb said:

ok sorry about the delay, busy working, from first (quick) looks it looks like your logs are way too small and therefore missing details (such as the info we really need to see to diagnose this_), so you'll need to modify the ccmsetup command line to increase the log file size

How big should the log files be? I made the change and did as setup, I got 2 smsts logs that are around 5MB each.