DJNova

Windows 7 Customization

Question

Hello,

I have a problem with the customized deployment of my Windows 7 Enterprise. I want to deploy the standard image from the source directory and configure it like it's described here. I have also added the Windows Foundation-Package to enable end disable some features. But it's not working. Is there any possibility to solve this problem without capturing a reference machine?

The part with the language settings is working, but not the part with the disabled features.

This is my XML with the informations:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend">
   <servicing>
       <package action="stage">
           <assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package" version="6.1.7600.16385" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="" />
           <selection name="MediaCenter" state="false" />
           <selection name="Printing-Foundation-Features" state="false" />
           <selection name="FaxServicesClientPackage" state="false" />
           <selection name="Printing-Foundation-InternetPrinting-Client" state="false" />
           <selection name="TabletPCOC" state="false" />
           <selection name="SNMP" state="true" />
       </package>
   </servicing>
   <settings pass="oobeSystem">
       <component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
           <InputLocale>de-AT</InputLocale>
           <SystemLocale>de-AT</SystemLocale>
           <UILanguage>de-AT</UILanguage>
           <UILanguageFallback>de-AT</UILanguageFallback>
           <UserLocale>de-AT</UserLocale>
       </component>
   </settings>
   <cpi:offlineImage cpi:source="wim://srv-mg01/source$/os/windows%207%20enterprise/x86/sources/install.wim#Windows 7 ENTERPRISE" xmlns:cpi="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:cpi" />
</unattend>

I hope that anyone can help me.

Thanks, Mike

post-5900-12735760560201_thumb.jpg

6 answers to this question

good question

do any of your windows or sccm logs on the client reveal the cause ?

I don't find anything. The next strange thing is, that everything is installed on Partition D:\ and NOT on C:\

Thanks, Mike

I have now tried to do it like the guides in this forum. But I don't have any deactivated Windows Features which you see in the Screenshot above. But with the Build and Capture task sequence I have an image which can be deploeyd to C:\.

I need a fully configured Windows 7 deployment with no hardware dependencies. Is this possible? Becaus now I have to capture one image from every type of hardware in our company. And I don't think that this is the solution for a deployment within a company.

Thanks, Mike

of course it's possible, you use the captured image you created from the guide, and create a new task sequence to deploy that to all your hardware, you separate your hardware types using Groups steps in the task sequence, just like this

of course it's possible, you use the captured image you created from the guide, and create a new task sequence to deploy that to all your hardware, you separate your hardware types using Groups steps in the task sequence, just like this

But how do I get Windows 7 fully configured? I cannot disable Windows Features during the Installation.