cbsaj

Deploying captured image

Question

Hi,

I have been using WDS on 2008 Server to successfully deploy Windows 7 to some laptops using PXE boot. This has involved using an install image created from Windows 7 media integrated with an answer file. All fine.

I then followed some tutorials and managed to instigate a "Sysprep and Capture" through the Deployment Workbench of the Windows 7 image I had modified. I then imported it successfully into the "Operating System" section of the Deployment Workbench.

Now, I want to deploy that captured image. I have been able to use WDS to push out the captured image but it requires an answer file to complete.

My question is am I able to deploy the captured image as it is, without the need for an answer file? I can't seem to work out how to get a PXE boot to look at the Deployment Workbench. It wants to go to WDS and use the image and answer file method.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer to this question

just to verify,

you want to deploy the image using Windows Deployment Services (WDS) or MDT 2010 ? (Microsoft Deployment Toolkit) ?