anyweb

New video: Upgrading to ConfigMgr 2309

Introduction

Configuration Manager 2309 was just released to the early update ring, you can read about that here.

In this video I show you how I upgraded my PKI enabled (HTTPS) ConfigMgr 2303 site to 2309, take a brief look at some of the features, show that you need to upgrade the SQL ODBC driver before starting the upgrade and more.

Related reading

My upgrade to 2309 gets stuck in post installation ?

Upgrade is marked as succes, but it is not near a success 😞 SMS_EXECUTIVE service stops immediately and there is 0 items in component status?

Cant find others with this issue on update 2309 ? Have you seen this issue before ?

Kind regards Michael

2309 update 1.png

2309 update 2.png

hi Michael, how long have you waited ? how many clients are managed by the primary ?

does the cmupdate.log reveal anything interesting ?

did every previous upgrade work without problem before this ? do you have any non microsoft AV software installed on the site server ?

Yes every previous went smooth without problems

I have Palo Alto Cortex XDR, but had under former upgrades to, but just tried to disable that AV and start SMS_EXECUTIVE but no luck. 

I think it could be a SQL problem, so i will consult a guy who is much better to that, than I