In my organization we use ADR Rules for monthly software patching and have been doing so for the last 2-3 years.  I noticed for the Month of February 2024 that there has been no updates pushed.  I see not errors for the ADR for Windows 10 updates in the console.  However when I check show members in the deployment packages for it shows only the pervious month of updates dating back to patch tues on Jan 9, 2024.  How my ADR are setup from the beginning is to check and download 2 days later on that thurs which was the last time it downloaded any updates which was Jan 11, 2024.

I did try recreating a test ADR rule with the same outcome figuring it was an issue with the ADR that we have been using for quite sometime. 

I have checked the ruleengine.log file and there are a couple of errors which when i look up online there is not alot of information out there.  Very general.  Here is one of the errors  CRuleHandler::CreateFailureAlert - Alert ID = 16777448 SMS_RULE_ENGINE 3/1/2024 10:03:20 AM 10100 (0x2774)

I have attached a screenshot of the ruleengine.log file for your viewing.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as i need to get this patches applied for the month of Feb.

Thank you,

Craig

ruleengine.png

have you checked and verified that WSUS is syncing correctly and no issues there ?

What i am getting on the server where SCCM resides is this error message.  Wondering if this could be the issue,  Saying that the permissions on the directory are incorrect.

Any help would be greatly appreicated..

Craig  

wsus_error.thumb.png.18e9f32d0acdac0847bb40c9da25d508.png

you need to trigger a Software Update sync and look at the wsyncmgr.log and WSUSctrl.log to figure out the problem