RedDR

Task Sequence Variables - Cant be that hard???

Question

first off .. fantastic site .. been comming here for a few weeks now while im deploying and this is definately cool that people are putting so much effort into making it easy .. BIGUPS!

Now .. ive been searching for about 2 hours now .. my eyes are going square .. and the double shot of coffee i just had is starting to give me a headache!

Im trying to set the computer name. Been done before and probally easy but .. it eludes me.

Ive created a task sequence and set the OSDComputername variable and left the value field blank ... sweet .. can specify the computer name when it boots ... but ...

I want to use the model and serial number combined as the computername .. ie 7359D7M99112233 .. %Model% & %SerialNumber%

What are the % variables?

Is there a list of them somewhere?

The only one that is mentioned everywhere is the %AssetTag% variable .. which happens to be blank on these lenovo's (I COULD get them to go around and set everyones, but ....)

Any direction would save me destroying some equipment .. or walking off in a huff and starting on thininstall for lenovo drivers ..

thanks!!!

3 answers to this question

yea .. ive had a hunt thru that site already .. couldnt see a list of %variables% anywhere?

ive been staring at this screen way to long i think ..

Take a look at this Post on how you can set ? http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/configmgrosd/thread/9df57364-9010-4ad8-8545-29c5bd0c95dd#3382e10f-2032-421d-9eee-99de03defb98