nazimb

unable to install client

Question

Hi All,

i just installed SCCM 2007 in a VM and added to domain,but i'm not able to install client .

i tried istalling the client manually directly on the client PC but it won't show up as installed on my console.

i attached the ccm.log and screen shot.

thanks,

From the CCM.log ,there are no probs,everything seems to be okay.Did you update the collection membership ? Even if it doesnt happen,take a look at client ccmsetup.log (c:\windows\system32\ccmsetup)

HI ,

CCM.log looks good..too me , looks like the clients are not reporting back as "installed" .

Check on the client workstations if you can see the Configuration manager applet in the Control panel.

If yes, try to initiate Discovery data collection cycle. Also check whats the heartbeat discovery cycle schedule at the server side.

You can also try restarting the SMS AGENT HOST on the client side.

CCMSetup.log can be found in C:\Windows\ccmsetup on 64-bits machines or in C:\Windows\System32\ccmsetup on 32-bits machines.

But as you install the client manually, I think this part is still going good. I think you should check the client logs in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\CCM\Logs on 64-bits machines or in C:\Windows\System32\CCM\Logs on 32-bits machines.

<![LOG[Attempting to query AD for assigned site code]LOG]!>

<![LOG[Couldn't find an MP source through SLP.]LOG]!>

<![LOG[No valid source or MP locations could be indentified to download content from.Ccmsetup.exe cannot continue.]LOG]!>

Have you extended your AD?

It looks like it can not query AD to find the Management Point and if you desided not to extend it,it can't find a server location point.

This post shows how to extend your AD if you plan to.

And this part describes how to add a SLP. Also you can read this.