Haim Chibotero

Deploy SNMP

Question

Hi All

I was looking all over and didn't find a complete answer yet.

I would like to use SCCM 2007 to install SNMP on more then a hundred servers (win2003, win2008, win2008R2)

I want to achieve the following during the remote install

- install the SNMP service with no need to restart the servers + make sure the service is started

- define a community name (replace the public and remove the private) - I would love to have an option to set different community names based on servers location or alike.

- define with whom the server can communicate for SNMP - accept snmp traps. (monitoring server)

I would appreciate to get all the needed info to make this happen

Thanks in advance,

Haim Chibotero

http://chibotero.blogspot.com --> iPhones in Israel & more

7 answers to this question

or using an MDT integrated task sequence have the steps included to install SNMP in a task sequence advertised to a collection containing those comuters.

yup, it's pretty much covered in this deploy server 2008 post

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/543-how-can-i-deploy-windows-server-2008-using-sccm-2007-sp1/

in the roles and features addition from MDT integration, you'll see SNMP is also listed, just select it, and it'll be installed as part of the task sequence

cheers

niall

yup, it's pretty much covered in this deploy server 2008 post

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/543-how-can-i-deploy-windows-server-2008-using-sccm-2007-sp1/

in the roles and features addition from MDT integration, you'll see SNMP is also listed, just select it, and it'll be installed as part of the task sequence

cheers

niall

Just to make sure we understand one each other, I want to add and configure SNMP remotelly to exisiting win2003 and 2008 servers that where installed from CD

The link above you sent me to use will allow me to do it ?

Thanks again

Haim

in your particular case no, but it will help you to figure out how to do it,

obviously you'll need to edit the task sequence to ONLY install SNMP if that's what you want,

but apart from that you are good to go :)