I need clarification about client certificate ...,

Before capture windows xp sp3 image ...

- I joint machine to domain

- then I install client on machine

- after finish installing client I disconnected from domain and network

- then I delete sms certification by going through these steps:

1- start mmc, add certificate snap in.

2- select local computer.

3- from the root open folder personal, then computer and thats where the cert should be

select it and press delete.

4- Close.

after that I start capture the image by running SMS boot-able CD then I check the certifications in the PC which I capture windows xp from it and I found SMS Certificate :mellow: the question is why the certifications are back again !!!!!!?

I already deleted before capture image :blink:

post-2474-0-56299100-1299132388_thumb.jpg

4 answers to this question

I suppose,personal folder will be empty and You should delete the certificates from SMS folder before capturing else certificates will remain exisit.

are you sure ,certificates exists under personal folder ?

btw, have you selected computer or user ? i suppose computer.

I suppose,personal folder will be empty and You should delete the certificates from SMS folder before capturing else certificates will remain exisit.

are you sure ,certificates exists under personal folder ?

btw, have you selected computer or user ? i suppose computer.

there is no certificates under personal folder but under SMS Folder --> Certificates there are 2 for SMS, I deleted before capture image and really wondering why its back again in the machine after finish capture image ...

What I deleted only SMS certificates not SMS Folder, is that what I should delete...

there is no certificates under personal folder but under SMS Folder --> Certificates there are 2 for SMS, I deleted before capture image and really wondering why its back again in the machine after finish capture image ...

What I deleted only SMS certificates not SMS Folder, is that what I should delete...

Nope,not required to remove SMS folder but if you remove the SMS certificates from certificates folder and if the client policy refresh occur on the client side,it will try to contact Management point to get authenticate and get certificates again.

Nope,not required to remove SMS folder but if you remove the SMS certificates from certificates folder and if the client policy refresh occur on the client side,it will try to contact Management point to get authenticate and get certificates again.

But the machine is disconnect from domain and network and the certificate appear only after capture the image...

By the way do you which report can I use to see if there are duplicte ID..??