Shua

New and Confused

Question

I have been handed a SCCM 2007 SP2 (4.00.6487.2000) server that was rebuilt but never used. It’s been a bit of a learning experience. I have been able to build and setup packets but nothing will go out to the previous clients and WOL won’t work either.

I have been able to test WOL and it will run from the same server with Symantec so I know the network is configured to allow it. I also can remote desktop from SCCM Mgr to the previous clients are setup the right way.

What I am having trouble troubleshooting is why the WOL and the advertisements don’t deploy, I also can’t install any new clients unless its manually, I am seeing hardware information so the MAC is getting captured... I’m not seeing any errors but there are so many log files I’m getting dizzy.

Any guidance would be great,

Thanks

3 answers to this question

well lets start at the beginning,

is your SCCM component status all looking ok ? any errors in the logs there ?

have you tried disabling firewalls just as a test

well lets start at the beginning,

is your SCCM component status all looking ok ? any errors in the logs there ?

have you tried disabling firewalls just as a test

Thank you for the reply.. I have no one to bounce off of and no way to get training.

Status is OK, only a few warnings on computers it cant see anymore.

The server was not built by me, it was built live on the domain and untested, the policies on our domain shut off the local firewall.

All systems are windows 7.