jamest2305

Unable to get PXE working

Hi

When I try and configure the PXE point it doesn't do the configuration of WDS properly I get the error

An error occurred while trying to start the Windows Deployment Services server.

Error Information 0xC1070107

I have tried doing it as a domain admin and also as a local admin, leaving the service to start as a local as default and to start as a domain admin.

Can anyone help?

unisntall the wds service, uninstall the DP role, reboot server, reinstall the distrubution point role, wait 10 minutes, see if the WDS service has started

thanks for getting back to me, I had tried that several times before to no avail. I did try it once more and the service wasn't even on starting. It was stopped, i started it and got:

Windows could not start the Windows Deployment Services Server on Local Computer. For more information, review the system event log. If this is a non Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code -1056767740

ok and have you uinstalled the WDS role (from server manager),. and then uninstalled the DP role (from within Configmgr) and then rebooted, then added back the DP role ?