pvr02

Question about advertisements and switching collections

Question

Collections

-All Windows 7 Systems

-All Windows 7 SP1 Systems

We are in the process of setting up our SCCM 2007 server and have roughly 50 or 60 machines on the system. Unfortunatly, we are in a development/production stage. Before I start making some changes, I wanted to be clear on a few items.

If we have an advertisement assigned to the collection "All Windows 7 SP1 Systems" and change the advertisement to the collection "All Windows 7 Systems" will the package re-run on on all of the Windows 7 SP1 Systems?

Also

If we have an advertisement that is assigning a package to "All Windows 7 SP1 Systems" and create another advertisement with the same package that is assigned to "All Windows 7 Systems" will it re-run the package on the Windows 7 SP1 Systems?

Thanks in advance

2 answers to this question

It's all about the Programs in combination with the rerun settings.

For example, when you have two advertisements for the same Program and they are both set on rerun if previously failed, only one advertisement will run and the other will say no need to rerun (unless the first one was failed of course)..

I've successfully installed Firefox via sccm 2007 on 1 test machine, but how do you trigger it again, once I add more machines to my test group? Sorry, I was given the task of figuring this out with no training.

I figured it out. Right click on the package and click Distribute Software.