Question

Hello,

I have some questions about USMT and config.xml i was hoping someone can help me out. My understanding of using a Config.xml file is that I need one for systems going from XP to Windows 7 and another one for Windows 7 to Windows 7 since the DlManifests are different on the two OS's.

So if I run Scanstate.exe on a XP machine, using ConfigXP.xml after upgrading the OS to Windows 7 i have to run the LoadState.exe using the ConfigXP.xml file?

And the same goes for Windows 7 reimages. I use ScanState.exe with the ConfigW7.xml and restore using LoadState.exe with the ConfigW7.xml.

If the above is true, what is the best way to automate if ScanState.exe was ran from a XP machine, to use the correct Config.XML file once the machine is upgraded to Windows 7?

Thank you.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet