Rocket Man

SQL Server 2012 BI

Question

Hi everyone

Just joined. Have been exploring these fourms over the past few months and have found them to be of very useful value.

I have been setting up Config Mgr 2007 R3 by following the steps within the forums and have successfully installed it on a standalone site.

I am not sure if I should be posting this question here but it does relate to SQL server.

I have installed SQL Server 2012 BI correctly with reporting server and all other components. All is accessible and usable when I use the SQL Server management studio and other configuration tools (Reporting Services Configuration Manger).

I have installed SCCM 2012 RTM and have deployments working successfully and other features. I have recently tried to set up the reporting service point but when I get to the stage to specify the Reporting Services server Instance it is blanked out and I can not fill it in. When I verify the DB connection settings they are successful. Reporting Service Point Error.jpg

The CM DB and reporting service DB are all on the one instance(default). So why can ConfigMgr not pick up the RSS instance??

This is the 3rd time to install both SQL2012 AND SCCM 2012 in the thoughts I installed it wrong previous but I haven't.

Has anyone found a solution for this or does SCCM 2012 not support SQL 2012 for a reporting service point??

5 answers to this question

Hi

Yes have got some information on this topic. There are No solutions for it as SCCM 2012 is not supported by SQL 2012 according to the Microsoft tech docs.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/configmanagergeneral/thread/51852cfd-0592-4975-9353-d7dcbb09baba

Once again Microsoft have amazed me....more hot-fixes whenever they do decide to address this issue.

Does anyone know if SCCM 2012 is fully compatible with SQL 2008 SP2??? I do not want to have to re-install everything again using sql2k8 and finding out the reporting end of it is not working either, might as well stick with the setup that I have until Microsoft come up with a solution :/

The supported versions of SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 R2 are listed here on Technet:- http://technet.micro...nfigSQLDBconfig

SQL Server 2012 is not yet supported, when it is it'll be added to that list.

cheers

niall

Thanks Niall for that!!

Think i'll stick with the 2012 setup for now and sit patiently.(I am only in testing environment at the moment)

Your SCCM threads are excellent and I have found them to be very useful. I had no experience with SCCM up until a few months ago and I followed your posts and set SCCM 2007R3 up on a single domain structure, which is running very good (OSD FEP etc) and reporting as it should.

I have now got the task of implementing this on a multiple domain structure as we have the chance to restructure our AD environment (Forest root domain with multiple child domains of this). Following your SCCM 2012 threads I think it may be better to implement a CAS at the forest root and then add a PS to manage the child domains. Overall probably around 20,000 max clients on the WAN in full. So one PS should look after these according to some Microsoft tech documents I have read?

Anyway I look forward to reading your future posts on the subject!!

Keep up the good work :)