anyweb

how can I deploy Windows Server 2008 using SCCM 2007 - 3 Part Guide

Finally 4 out of 4 workstations got the Build & Capture TS working... everything was in: DNS, Hardware, Processor not recognized..., Network down, firewall... etc...

All machines are in a WORKGROUP for now.

Is it usual that the 4 WIM files have 4 different sizes?

Should I join them to the domain to run the TS for the Capture ONLY... ? I am not sure as the syprep will not work ....

Now I will add some customization: one application, one background picture for the company and I will try still the 'Capture only' on the four now...

Install deployment Tools with a Package where the command line is "sysprep /generalize /oobe /shutdown /unattend:sysprep.xml"

Prepare ConfigMgr Client for Capture

Prepare Windows for Capture

Restart Computer

Capture Operating System Image

all files sysprep.exe, sysprep.cl, sysprep.xml have been copied to the reference machine under a folder c:\sysprep

cross-fingers this time at least one will work...

Thanks,

- Dom

Back to the starting point:

Task Sequence: Capture New Image - W2K08 has failed with the error cod (0x00000032).

See smstslog attached..

sending with winhttp failed; 80072ee7

from what i read everybody is thinking Drivers but are they different between a Build & Capture and a capture only TS??? I am using the same boot image and it is failing when displaying this step:

"Install deployment Tools with a Package where the command line is "sysprep /generalize /oobe /shutdown /unattend:sysprep.xml" "

so before this step...

Which one is really failing?

As I am capturing an image from a workstation the driver is already on the workstation, it is also in the Boot image, is it not enough?

Thanks,

- Dom

wpeinit.zip

Back to the starting point:

Task Sequence: Capture New Image - W2K08 has failed with the error cod (0x00000032).

See smstslog attached..

sending with winhttp failed; 80072ee7

from what i read everybody is thinking Drivers but are they different between a Build & Capture and a capture only TS??? I am using the same boot image and it is failing when displaying this step:

"Install deployment Tools with a Package where the command line is "sysprep /generalize /oobe /shutdown /unattend:sysprep.xml" "

so before this step...

Which one is really failing?

As I am capturing an image from a workstation the driver is already on the workstation, it is also in the Boot image, is it not enough?

Thanks,

- Dom

Hello,

Still the same error I have the error 0x00000032 on the screen.

I have cleaned-up all drivers from the server (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/configmgrosd/thread/9766ee48-effa-41d3-9040-b55f87c48ced/) and then imported only the one needed by the workstation used.

I attached the smsts.log

PING, NSLOOKUP, TELNET work

Should the machine be in WORKGROUP or DOMAIN? or doesn't matter?

Should I boot to CD or Harddrive? or doesn't matter?

In the first part of the boot when Initializing Windows PE - Retrieving policy for this computer "Copying/Loading Preinstalation Environment..." is it using information from the CD or from the Task Sequence within the console loaded with the harddrive information? Then after removing the CD the Task Sequence starts.???

I checked already step by step http://blogs.technet.com/smsandmom/archive...ly-reboots.aspx but no clue comes out of it as all tasks requested ran fine...

Thanks,

- Dom

smsts_1.zip

Hello,

Still the same error I have the error 0x00000032 on the screen.

I have cleaned-up all drivers from the server (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/configmgrosd/thread/9766ee48-effa-41d3-9040-b55f87c48ced/) and then imported only the one needed by the workstation used.

I attached the smsts.log

PING, NSLOOKUP, TELNET work

Should the machine be in WORKGROUP or DOMAIN? or doesn't matter?

Should I boot to CD or Harddrive? or doesn't matter?

In the first part of the boot when Initializing Windows PE - Retrieving policy for this computer "Copying/Loading Preinstalation Environment..." is it using information from the CD or from the Task Sequence within the console loaded with the harddrive information? Then after removing the CD the Task Sequence starts.???

I checked already step by step http://blogs.technet.com/smsandmom/archive...ly-reboots.aspx but no clue comes out of it as all tasks requested ran fine...

Thanks,

- Dom

Hello,

I created a 'Capture Media' CD and the Capture is done without issue.

Exception that I do not have the destination folder i put in the Ts, the file name etc... it did a capture but with default information...

So should I use a bootable CD and a TS or a Capture CD alone or a Capture CD and a TS?

Thanks,

- Dom

What should I do to deploy Windows Server 2008 Enterprise edition or DataCenter edition? It seems to only deploy standard edition? I couldn't find the solution after googling for a couple of days.

in the Apply Operating System Image step of the task sequence

if you are deploying the image from a captured image the drop down menu for 'image' will allow you to choose the right one, same goes for Apply Operating System Image from an installation source, choose the drop down menu called Edition in that instance.

I found where to select the OS version in TS. I'm now setting this up on our Production network and having different challenges. I'm getting this from the setuperr.log:

2009-12-08 15:03:43, Error [0x0603ef] IBS CallBack_SelectImageOrShowUi: There are no matching OS images[gle=0x00000490]

2009-12-08 15:03:43, Error [0x06066d] IBS CallBack_SelectImageOrShowUi: Couldn't decide which Windows image to use and was asked to never show the UI in unattend mode. hr =0x80004005[gle=0x00000490]

And this from %temp%\smsts\smsts.log:

exitCode == 0, HRESULT=80004005 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\client\osdeployment\setupwindows\setupwindows.cpp,440) OSDSetupWindows 12/8/2009 3:03:46 PM 1648 (0x0670)

Windows setup failed, code 31 OSDSetupWindows 12/8/2009 3:03:46 PM 1648 (0x0670)

setup.run(), HRESULT=80004005 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\client\osdeployment\setupwindows\setupwindows.cpp,1707) OSDSetupWindows 12/8/2009 3:03:46 PM 1648 (0x0670)

Exiting with code 0x80004005 OSDSetupWindows 12/8/2009 3:03:46 PM 1648 (0x0670)

Process completed with exit code 2147500037 TSManager 12/8/2009 3:03:46 PM 1140 (0x0474)

!--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------! TSManager 12/8/2009 3:03:46 PM 1140 (0x0474)

Failed to run the action: Setup Windows and ConfigMgr.

Unspecified error (Error: 80004005; Source: Windows) TSManager 12/8/2009 3:03:46 PM 1140 (0x0474)

I'm running W2k8 SP1 with SCCM 2007 R2 SP2 and MDT 2010.

I read from here that creating a basic TS as opposed to MDT TS can fix it. Should I go that route?

Update: I created a Build and Capture TS and it worked for me that time.

Nice,

i'm looking for a tips to Change Locals during deployment, i want to customize FR Keyboard and Fr locals for example.

do you know where i can customize that in the MDT TS ?

Regards,

What should I do to deploy Windows Server 2008 Enterprise edition or DataCenter edition? It seems to only deploy standard edition? I couldn't find the solution after googling for a couple of days.

for me it doesnt work.

it's weird, because, when a i deploy using image capture (and using the install.wim from source) i can chose, standard, enterprise or datacenter editions and deployment works well.

but if i do like this topic, using OS deployment Package and i select other editons than the standard one, i got TS error when it start to install the OS (an unknow error., i looked the log..).

It works only with standard, if i select enterprise or data center it failed ! it looks like a bug..

i have this probleme with 2008 R2...maybe others people got this trouble ?

Regards,

Nice,

i'm looking for a tips to Change Locals during deployment, i want to customize FR Keyboard and Fr locals for example.

do you know where i can customize that in the MDT TS ?

Regards,

no idea ? :)

have you tried editing unattend.xml with WSIM

here's an example of the fields to change

customising keyboard layout etc

yeah, i'm silly, it's the first thing i did of course...but too fast, since i forgot to refresh my DP :lol:

But indeed it works better with an Update DP B)

Thanks for your works

Marc.