Hi All,

I'm trying to know the list of log files for SCCM Software Distribution. In most cases we find "No status" in the report.

I know that Execmgr.log is the log file which "Records Advertisements that run" on client machine.

Let me tell you about the infrastructure.

We have a primary site server with more than 20 Secondary sites. We deploy software randomly on a custom collection to few computers. We have limited access to reports and we would only be able to see all Advertisements for the site.

I'm trying to know all the list of log files which needs to be checked to know the status.

1) Is the package distributed to a Branch distribution point

2) Is the client able to receive the advertisement.

you have client logs like

PolicyAgent.log --> Requests policies by using the Data Transfer service,execmgr.log etc.more log files,refer http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb892800.aspx

distribution manager logs also avilable from above link you can refer distmgr.log

Hi Eswar,

I've the log file list however, I was trying to know a step by step sequence sought of detail.

I'd like to know what log I've to check on the Management point after a package is created.

Like Pkginfo.log and any associated inbox folder.

Once the package is created and if it is updated on the distribution points.

1) Distmgr.log --Site server

2) replmgr.log

3) despool.log

I'm trying to know the sequential order. I would like to know something similar to what is mentioned in the following link.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/sudheesn/archive/2011/02/01/troubleshooting-part-vi-software-distribution.aspx