gsankowsky

SMSCACHESIZE causing software installation failure during OSD?

OK, startup doesn't seem to work, however running on Shutdown does - for new OS deployments there are enough shutdowns during the install that it gets picked up before the login screen is finally available. We run this at shutdown (not ideal as it runs at ever shutdown but it works for now): On Error Resume Next

Dim nValueToSet

Dim oUIResource

Set oUIResource = CreateObject("UIResource.UIResourceMgr")

Set CacheSize = oUIResource.GetCacheInfo

newCacheSize = 25000

if CacheSize.TotalSize <= newCacheSize then

CacheSize.TotalSize = newCacheSize

end if

I've got SMSCACHESIZE set in all the places I can, within the push settings and within the task sequence that deploys Win7...none affect deployed PC's, only those PC's where we manually installed Win7, joined the domain, then SCCM picks them up and deploys the client automatically - these ones pick up the SMSCACHESIZE variable.

Maybe it matters that i have configured the client push parameters on every single site, but i doubt it.

You are right this does not matter because if you have 100 Task sequences each of them can have a unique configMgr properties set specifically for that TS.

Can you post a snippet of your new TS??

And also you specified to distribute the new package to the content share I take it? Done in the properties of the package!

I am most definitely using a new client package

Well looking at your snippet you have not attached the new definition package..you are using the standard out of the box client. This is what you should be seeing:

xx.PNG

I dont see the begining of the U which proceeds to Update 5.0 All