Kevin79

Managing clients on internet/WAN

I'm thinking of putting a SCCM server in our DMZ so that I can manage our remote clients but I'm not totally clear on the process. First off, is this the recommended way? I'm guessing I'll have a secondary site in the DMZ that points to my primary site, correct? What firewall ports need to be opened up to allow the SCCM server in the DMZ to talk to the SCCM in the local LAN? How do I configure it so that it manages only clients on the internet/WAN? Will this allow me to deploy Window's updates, SCEP definitions and applications to my remote clients?

Well you need to configure your SCCM DP for intranet and internet based clients. Certificates will also have to be created for the internet based clients and you will have to publish your SCCM site server so that clients can talk back to the MP over the internet in other words clients out in the wild. There is quite a bit of configuration with this and saying so you also have a DMZ in your enviornment I would advice to to get some professional expertise on this.....someone who can call to site and do a survey of your network(s) and advice on the best configuration.....

there are alot of factors to bear in mind with your enviornment especially with DMZ implemented.

And to answer your questions about software deployment, SCEP etc....of course this can work in this scenario but it will take quite a bit of configuration.

• Like 1