Michael0

Failed to get DP locations as the expected version Error 0x87d00215

Question

Dear Members!

I found this forum when I googled for resolving my issue with SCCM2012.

On client site I can see the following error in the logfile:

<![LOG[Failed to get DP locations as the expected version from MP 'Servername'. Error 0x87d00215]LOG]!><time="13:13:16.098-60" date="01-14-2013" component="ccmsetup" context="" type="2" thread="3008" file="ccmsetup.cpp:10926">

<![LOG[MP 'Servername' didn't return DP locations for client package with the expected version. Retrying in 30 minutes.]LOG]!><time="13:13:16.098-60" date="01-14-2013" component="ccmsetup" context="" type="2" thread="3008" file="ccmsetup.cpp:10752">

<![LOG[Next retry in 30 minute(s)...]LOG]!><time="13:13:16.098-60" date="01-14-2013" component="ccmsetup" context="" type="0" thread="3008" file="ccmsetup.cpp:8498">

The SCCM setup was working last week without these problems, no changes were made on the setup so far....

Boundaries are setup correctly

I can ping the client from the server and also from the server the client.

I´m also able to open the default SCCM Server IIS website from the client

For me its looks like the communication between Server and client is working from network respective, so the problem must be somewhere located on the SCCM setup?

I have also read the other forum entries regarding this issue, but couldn´t solve this so far

I have no clue why the SCCM stopped working suddently....

Would be great to get some hints how to solve this

Thank you

10 answers to this question

I changed all MP and DP : HTTPS for use HTTP, and don't have problems.

In the client installation, a new error:

GetDPLocations failed with error 0x8000ffff ccmsetup 5/7/2013 10:40:15 AM 2708 (0x0A94)
Failed to get DP locations as the expected version from MP 'SCCMSERVER'. Error 0x8000ffff ccmsetup 5/7/2013 10:40:15 AM 2708 (0x0A94)

After, error changed again :

Failed to get DP locations as the expected version from MP 'SCCMSERVER'. Error 0x87d00215

Re-instalation role DP, Intalled CU1 and Re-installation secondary site.

luistkd's link wasn't precisely my solution, but it got me looking in the right direction. I was getting the same issue as above and I thought it had to do with HTTPS on my MP, but I was able to browse the internet and intranet addresses.

After I had done the initial install, I decided to configure the DP storage space on a different drive from the main install. However, the DP had already created the install package for the client on the original drive.

My solution was to update the DP and the client software was copied to the correct staging drive.

Hi Guys,

I'm new to SCCM and the configuration of it!

This blog already has been a big help for me, but i'm stuck now for two days!

I want to install the client software to a windows 7 and 8 computer.

If i check the logs, i get the next message

"Failed to get DP locations as the expected version from MP 'SERVERNAME'. Error 0x87d00215.

As mentioned, i removed and reinstalled the role, but nothing seems to help.

I've installed .NET 4.0 on my client, but it wasn't a solution either!

I'm running a DC (DC01), a SCCM (CM01) and two clients PC0001(Win8) and PC0002(Win7)

It's all in a Hyper-V environment.

I hope you can help me with my problem!

Kind regards