anyweb

using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager - Part 11. Upgrading the hierarchy to Service Pack 1

it's not getting updated because you are looking at the wrong log file, after SP1 the SMSPXE.log file is located in Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\logs

check there and see what that log file says.

Added WDS back in as a role, presuming this was 'OK', no idea why it wasn't installed any more? PXE is now quazi-working, issue with the SMSPXE log stating no boot image found so I'll go from there!

Ok, the error from the log at present is:

could not find boot image HCC000EF

Within the SCCM console I have updated the distribution point for this image and it listed as successful once the process completed, any advice on where to look next?

try restarting WDS again and verify it's starting ok, then verify that pxe is enabled for that DP, then try to pxe boot a computer and monitor the smspxe.log

Yep it is starting OK, and the SMSPXE log shows it finds the standard x86 and x64 images, but it doesn't find the other two I created with MDT (one before SP1 and one post SP1). I will try updating the DP again for these two MDT images, if this doesn't work I'll try re-creating them.

Sussed it! For whatever reason, even though the 'Deploy this boot image from the PXE-enabled distribution point' was ticked, the problem I had with WDS I presume was not picking up this setting once re-installed. I un-ticked, applied, then re-ticked this option and voila, all working again! Superb, thanks for the help on this one, seems I'm back on track again :)