Jepeto 46

Delete or re-partition during OSD

Question

CM 2012 SP 1, MDT integrated.

We have laptops running PGP. We do not need to run USMT, so no issue here, we want to "simply" refresh by deleting the current XP partition and install W7. I am able to by pass boot guard with the PGPWDE command, but cannot get the delete the partition, not even with the custom PE.

Any help greatly appreciated.

2 answers to this question

If you enabled F8 support you can run DISKPART prior to running your TS. We have the same scenario where we use Safeguard Easy Encryption on our XP machine. So we do Baremetal running UDI from PXE or Boot Media, hit F8, run DISKPART command, then when Format completes you can kick off the TS.

Hope that helps?

Eric

I am looking for a REFRESH solution, not PXE 0r F8, I know how to do those. BTW, if you do PXE than you can automate by adding the command to your WinPE for the specific task sequence

I am looking to deploy the TS to running XP machines protected by PGP, bypass the boot guard which we already do and delete disk 0 all together.

I am told it is possible, but cannot get around it.