Zden

USMT - ConfigMgr2012 - scanstate does not finish

Question

Hello

I am encountering a problem with USMT 5, used in a ConfigMgr 2012 task sequence, that I have some trouble understanding. When collecting the data with scanstate (for Win7 to Win7 computer backup/restore, with migapp.xml, miguser.xml and a custom xml), scanstate abruptly stops, and the log jumps directly to 100%. Then the Task sequences throws a 80070003 error. The same also happens when using the default settings for capture in ConfigMgr.

Has anyone ever encountered this ? Any hep would be welcome.

I stored the smsts and scanstate logs and custom XML here for reference : http://sdrv.ms/14KnzkK

2 answers to this question

there's lots of errors like this

Read error 4317 for HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU\1\0\8\1\0\1\0\0 [0]. Windows error 4317 description: The operation identifier is not valid.

so, how are you starting the migration ? in windows ? if so are you running it as a Local administrator ?