mike

SCCM clients....

Question

Hi,

I am still in the testing stages with SCCM (v4.00.6221.1000 on Server 08), but was very close to finishing until yesterday afternoon the test clients (3) stopped displaying information in the configuration manager properties. All 3 clients are in our domain, but vary on software and updates installed. All have the Windows firewall setup, with an exception for SCCM. I have checked the clientlocation.log for each client shows an error <![LOG[Failed to open to WMI namespace '\\.\root\ccm' (80070005)]LOG]!> & one of the clients has an additional <![LOG[Failed to send status 609 to the FSP (80070005)]LOG]!>. I have also checked the ccmexec.log on the clients and they have an error of <![LOG[Finished shutting down CCMEXEC.]LOG]!><time="08:30:30.458+300" date="04-15-2009" component="CcmExec" context="" type="1" thread="6080" file="shutdown.cpp:173">. I have checked the CM console but the component status is normal for my site.

I have tried fixing the WMI by renaming the Repository folder but no change.

I have tried repairing the CM components on the client but no change. (the repair seems to finish without issue)

I am not sure what else to try......

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Mike

5 answers to this question

are the three clients showing up correctly in the All Systems Collection with Client=Yes and Approved=Yes ?

was any firewall GPO changed ? any networking changed ?

To me this sounds like a firewall issue. Try disabling windows firewall and then restart the machines.

You can allso try to connect to the wmi repository manually from the site server by using "wbemtest" (run it from the command line)

Click connect and connect to: \\<COMPUTERNAME>\root\default

If you are able to enum Classes then you know that you are getting through the firewall on the client...

are the three clients showing up correctly in the All Systems Collection with Client=Yes and Approved=Yes ?

was any firewall GPO changed ? any networking changed ?

Yes, all 3 clients show up in the CM console and are approved. We just recently added the firewall GPO, but it seemed to work once applied and nothing on the network has changed recently.

To me this sounds like a firewall issue. Try disabling windows firewall and then restart the machines.

You can allso try to connect to the wmi repository manually from the site server by using "wbemtest" (run it from the command line)

Click connect and connect to: \\<COMPUTERNAME>\root\default

If you are able to enum Classes then you know that you are getting through the firewall on the client...

I get an error 0x800706ba, facility: Win32, Description: the RPC server is unavailable.

i am going to remove the firewall GPO setting to disable to firewall and test again w/o the firewall.

Thanks,

Mike