Mur

SCCM 2012 search for installed hotfixes

I could not use the above method and I needed to use "Compliance Settings" to create a WQL query and pull that information manually. It was nice to learn how to do this but it seemed a bit overly complicated to do something kinda simple.

Assets and compliance -> Compliance Settings -> configuration items -> Create

Setup the name and categories -> OS -> new -> Settings types set to WQL query

• Name = “KB~~~”
    • Namespace = “root\cimv2″
    • Class = “Win32_QuickFixEngineering”
    • Property = “HotFixID”
    • WQL query
      Where clause = "HotFixID = 'KB#######'"

just to confirm above in case you are just copying its double quotes around the whole hotfix = kb### and single quotes around kb###

Afterwards create a baseline -> add -> configuration items -> add the one you just created and deploy it to a collection.

You would need to run Machine Policy Retrieval & evaluation cycle to push out the baseline and after it syncs you can see the results in

monitoring -> deployments -> baseline's name

Yeahhh....overly complicated

References:

http://t3chn1ck.wordpress.com/2010/10/20/sccm-dcm-inventory-for-installed-windows-hotfixes/

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/scom_2012_upgrade_process__lessons_learned_during_my_upgrade_process/archive/2012/09/21/compliance-settings-sccm-2012.aspx