dastrix

Client Problem From Deployed Image

Question

Help Please

I have got a strange problem with the client not seeming to register, the client installs but no cert installed and no client properties.

I have checked the ccmsetup log and all i get is ccmsetup failed with error code 0x80070643.

This is from a deployed image using sccm and its a very basic install no apps being deployed or software updates its just a windows install and join domain.

heres the strange thing if i uninstall the client and reinstall it, everything starts working, grabbing software installs scep etc.

If i deploy the machine again without connecting to the domain, the client installs correctly.

i have created about 7 different task sequences over the past 3 days and i am not getting anywhere anyone got any ideas.

Cheers

1 answer to this question

Check on the client that the machine has set to "false" provisioning mode on the SCCM Client..

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\CCM\CcmExec" "ProvisioningMode" = "false"

Also that

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\CCM\CcmExec" "SystemTaskExcludes" has a blank line